Sunday, December 30, 2012

The Year That Was...For Real!


Reflections as 2012 comes to a close


I knew that 2012 was going to be a year filled with changes and challenges, with preparation for weight loss surgery and CPE happening during the first half of the year, then surgery and all its aftermath.  In my head I knew it was going to be a big deal.  In truth, I only had the slightest notion of what this year would hold and the many changes in store for both me and The Hubs.  So I thought I would share a running tally of just some of the changes the past year has brought to my life.


What I have lost:
98 pounds so far
over 16 BMI points
about 5 dress/pant sizes, depending on the garment and the manufacturer
caffeine and carbonation
most of my hip and ankle pain
some hair (but the hair loss has pretty much returned to normal)
the need (most of the time, anyway) to have everything all figured out, all the time!


What I have gained:
protein, vitamins and supplements
tighter hugs
increased energy
improved confidence
greater comfort
a keener sense of gratitude...for everything
new experiences, insights and friendships through CPE which have changed me forever


What I pray for in the year to come:
good health, peace and happiness for the Hubs and me, our family and everyone else we love
to stay on track with my weight loss
to continue growing stronger and healthier, physically, emotionally and spiritually
to continue seeking ways to serve and honor the God Who loves me, and opportunities to share His love with others
to live my life well, as a work of art that pleases my Maker


I am so very thankful for the support of so many people throughout my journey thus far; for those who have faithfully read my ramblings here and encouraged me to keep rambling;  for the people who are urging me to write a book (whether it happens or not, just knowing there are people who think I could do it makes me so proud and happy);  for the people who pray for my continued improving health and weight loss;  for God's tremendous blessings and redemption.  His mercies truly are new every morning!  My journey is not over, because every day the journey begins again, with new challenges, chances and changes to be faced.  My prayer for everyone who reads these words of mine is that you find something here to make you think, laugh or pause to give thanks for your own life.  I pray for you every possible blessing in the year to come!

For Auld Lang Syne, my dear, for Auld Lang Syne,
We'll take a cup of kindness yet, for Auld Lang Syne.











No comments:

Post a Comment