Saturday, April 6, 2013

Updating...And Downsizing


Ten Months Since Surgery


Ten months ago today, I had my weight loss surgery, so it's time for a monthly update on my progress.  To date I am down a total of 120 pounds (7 since last month's update, so this has been a better month for weight loss).  I never would have imagined that this much weight would be gone at this point, and I am grateful beyond measure.

Here ends the updating portion of this post.  Now it's time for the downsizing portion.  And I am talking about The Girls...again.

I have written in previous posts about The Girls and my many issues with their care and containment.  I had downsized into smaller bras last October, which made The Girls very happy.  In recent weeks I've noticed that they were needing once again to move into a smaller house, so I ordered new, smaller bras, which arrived in today's mail.  Once again, The Girls are very glad to have a new, better-fitting home.

One of my longstanding issues with bra fit has been my need for fuller cups and smaller bands around the ribcage.  Even at my largest/heaviest, I had an unusually small ribcage for the size cups I needed.  I was fortunate to find an Ebay seller who offers the bra I like, with a "defect" that actually works in my favor.  This seller offers factory seconds, and usually the only defect is a variance in the size of the ribcage band, either smaller or larger than factory standard.  I was able to find the size I needed, with a 3/4 inch smaller-than-standard ribcage band!  It works perfectly, giving me extra support underneath with enough fullness in the cup.

Most women in America are wearing the wrong size bra.  Usually the cups are too small and the ribcage is too large, resulting in overspillage from the cups and inadequate support from below.  Even women with smaller breasts need the proper support and coverage.  It isn't just a matter of vanity, it's a matter of breast health.  The breasts contain a complex network of milk ducts, lymph nodes and blood vessels, and the right bra, correctly fitted, is a necessity for good breast health, pulling The Girls up off the abdomen and elevating them to their proper place in the world!  In addition, the right bra, in the right size and shape for one's particular body type, relieves strain on the neck, back and shoulders, improves posture and helps clothing to fit better.  If I could, I would personally take every woman in the world to a custom fitter for the right bra in the right size.  It really makes that much difference.

Because I have a big heart under my Big Girls.

No comments:

Post a Comment