Thursday, January 12, 2012

Drumroll, Please!

Thursday 1-12-12
I have lost 25 pounds...

It seems like I should be more excited about this milestone, but I still have so much more weight to lose, it just feels like a drop in the bucket.  It's important to remember that even small steps in the right direction will get me to where I need to be.  The bigger, more rapid losses are coming after surgery. 

I went to get my hair cut and permed this past Tuesday and I had not seen my hairstylist since my last haircut, which was the same day as my first visit with my surgeon.  She said that she could tell a difference in how my face and neck look, which is nice of her to say whether it's true or not!  She is wonderfully supportive of my efforts and said she looks forward to "going on this journey" with me, which I thought was really sweet.  A good hair person is very much like a therapist in that he/she is usually a very good listener. 

I ordered a Tanita scale to use, similar to the one at the surgeon's office, but a consumer model.  I hope to keep more accurate records using this tool...and I find it ironic that, for the first time in my life, I am actually kind of excited about having a new scale.  Maybe I really am changing in this process!

The progress with the CPAP feels slow.  It isn't uncomfortable, exactly, but I am always very aware of it, if that makes any sense.  I am still learning how to adjust the mask and make it as unobtrusive as possible...but the miracle of instantly better sleep quality has eluded me thus far.  I've done some research and all the information suggests that it takes a little time to actually feel that sleep is improved.  I am definitely ready to start reaping the rewards of my CPAP use, because I seem to be feeling especially tired right now.  Maybe all the craziness of the holidays and how sick I was still has me running at a bit of an energy deficit.  I may be a wild woman tonight and sleep without the machine.

Look at me, living on the edge! 

No comments:

Post a Comment